Are you hitting a truckin’ road block while driving the highways? Roadblocks happen to the best of us! Phoenix Capital Group has provided 5 ways to overcome these mental or physical roadblocks to keep you trucking along.
- Take a well-deserved break. There are moments on the road where you feel as though you are crawling out of your skin. Take a moment to stop what you are doing and take a break. It is highly encouraged to pull off at the nearest exit, step out of your rig and rest. We recommend you drink a large glass of water, practice various stretches and take deep breathes. If you are on a tight schedule and can’t afford a moment off the road, turn on classical music and eat a healthy snack. We highly recommend eating a banana, studies show that banana’s makes you happy and they are delicious!
- Sleeping patterns that work best for you. Finding a sleep pattern that works best for you and your driving schedule is a trial and error process. The sleep patterns of a normal 9am-5pm job does not work for those who are on the road for a living. Some drivers explain they prefer to drive through the night and sleep through the day. Other drivers don’t have a schedule, they follow their body’s signs and sleep when they feel it is time. As you try out various sleeping patterns, note your sleeping patterns, driving habits and how you feel in a notebook. At the end of the week, look back at your sleeping patterns and see what is best for you.
- Lose the distractions. It is important to focus on your work while driving. Of course, keeping your eyes on the road is top priority but also keeping your mind on the road is important. It’s easy to let your mind trail off while cruising the highways. Keep your eyes and mind on the road and away from your phone.
- Mix up your scenery. The biggest advantage to driving for a living is that you get to travel all over the United States. Take advantage of the awesome opportunities ahead of you and grab a load or two in states you’ve never visited before. Share your travel and destinations with the world via blogging and social media!
- Find unique habits that work for you. No matter your career, not every day is vacation. That is why we suggest finding unique habits to get you through your long work day! For truckers, various road games, audio books, healthy snacks, and more can help your drive time go by quicker.